Sunday, October 16, 2011

How to - make pumpkin treat bags!




Is everybody else enjoying fall as much as I am right now? We spent the weekend enjoying our family and friends soaking up the beautfful weather God has given us! This week we recieved some boo mix in the mail, and my kids totally loved it! (thanks Amber!) I had been wanting to make some for awhile but now I knew I had to send some to the kids in IN. To bag it I thought I had bought some little decorated clear bags at the store..until I realized they never made it home. Don't ya just hate that? So I figured I would just bag them in clear bags and put some ribbon on them, oh well. But when I went to get out the ribbon in my drawer...I saw an orange plastic table cloth and green paper......idea! I already had the items but to make these it's super cheap. Here's what you need : Boo mix (or other treats), clear bags, ribbon, scissors, rubber bands, green tissue paper, and an orange table cloth or tissue paper.





Here's the boo mix. My verison included: pumpkin marshmellows, caramel corn, pretzels, candy corn, peanuts, raisens, whoppers, and reese pieces. Really you could fill the bag with whatever you'd like! Favors, popcorn, pretzels, cotton candy....



Step 1: Fill you bags to desired size. I made these pretty big so they could share.


Step 2: Cut a square out of orange checking to make sure it will cover the entire snack bag. Mine was about 12 x 12 inches.


Step 3: Gather up the orange around the snack bag.

Step 4: Put a rubber band around the bag where it gathers.



Step 5: Now add a second rubber band about an inch up. This will help make the stem stiff.



Step 6: Cut a piece of green tissue paper. The measurements don't have to be exact. I cut mine on the prefolded lines of the tissue paper then I folded in a little off the top and bottom to make it smooth. About 8in long and 1.5in tall when folded.


Step 7: Wrap the paper around the "stem". Keep wrapping until it's all used up. Several rotations will make it stiff. Put a piece of tape at the end. This will be the back of the pumpkin.



Step 8: Now tie on 2-4 strings of green ribbon. Then curl.


And now you have a pumpkin! These would be so fun for fall parties favors, class treats, etc!


3 little pumpkins :)